BARN SUPERINTENDENT: Amy Carpenter
SENIOR FAIR BOARD: T. Carpenter - Chairman
JUNIOR FAIR BOARD: Luke McKee, Brayden Burke & Kaylie Crouch
Saturday, July 21 from 6:00 a.m. until 2:30 p.m.
Vet will be on gate duty from 6:00 a.m. until 2:30 p.m.
All animals are to be in their pen by 3:00 p.m.
Saturday July 21, 2018 3:30p.m.
Saturday July 21, 2018 following Market Goat Weigh-In, Swine Arena
· Weigh Limits: 220 to 290 pounds
· Hogs will be weighed on a one-pound break.
· All weights are final at the time of weigh-in. No re-weigh of animals will be permitted.
· Hogs will be classed according to weight.
· All market hogs exhibited must go for processing. It is a “Terminal Show.”
Exhibitors not taking their market hogs through the sale ring must notify the Junior Coordinator of which of the following three choices they have made at the time of weigh-in.
o Market Hog to United Producers (exhibitor and/or parent must be at pen with completed paperwork)
o Market Hog to a processing facility (exhibitor must fill out form at weigh-in) (confirmation must be given to the processor)
o Market Hog staying for Open Show (exhibitor must be at pen)
Exhibitors of under/overweight hogs MUST be present at their pens during load out on Wednesday at 7:00 a.m.
Sunday, July 22, 2018, 6:00p.m. Swine Barn/Arena
· See General Junior Fair Information
Monday, July 23, 2018, 6:00p.m. Swine Barn/Arena
· You may tag up to three (3) market hogs. You can only show one (1) market hog.
· Market hogs must be in possession by May 1, 2018 and cared for until release time at the fair.
· Males must be castrated (no viable testicular tissue) by the May tagging.
· Any breed or cross is eligible.
SHOWMAN OF SHOWMEN COMPETITION
Wednesday, July 25, 2017 2:45p.m. Multipurpose Building
See 2018 Junior Fair Sales
· Show trunks may not be placed on the pen frames: they must rest on the planks between the mounting brackets and should not have the potential for tipping into the pen.
· Acceptable trunk size is 24X24X44 inches
· All trunks not meeting these requirements must be placed in empty pens or under the bleachers.
Knox County Pork Council Sponsored Events Market Hog Awards:
The Knox County Pork Council will sponsor awards for all exhibitors
Swine Carcass Contest:
· All exhibitors will be entered in the contest
Born, Bred and Raised-Presentation during Market Hog Show:
· The exhibitor or immediate family member (mom, dad, brother, or sister) must have ownership of sow no less than 114 prior to the birth of the piglet.
· There will be one class to recognize Born, Bred and Raised Market Hogs.
· Over and underweight hogs are not able to participate.
· Rules of the junior fair tagging and possession apply to this class
· Entries will be available during junior fair entries in June
· Awards to be determined by the Knox County Pork Council