SUPERINTENDENT: Don & Abby Love
SENIOR FAIR BOARD: Curt Bechtel - Chairman
JUNIOR FAIR BOARD:
Saturday, July 21 from 6:00 a.m. until 2:30 p.m.
Vet will be on gate duty from 6:00 a.m. until 2:30 p.m.
All animals are to be in their pen by 3:00 p.m.
Saturday, July 21, 3:30 p.m., Swine Arena
Saturday, July 21, Dairy Barn
· All entries will be checked at their pens. Exhibitors should be by their pens with proper and completed papers.
Showmanship & Show
Monday, July 23, 9:00 a.m., Multi-Purpose Building
· The showmanship contest for all dairy exhibitors will be held Monday at 9:00 a.m. with the show immediately following.
· You can show up to 6 animals in the show. Only one entry per class.
· Dairy animals must be in possession of the exhibitor by May 1 and cared for until release time at the fair.
· Junior Champions of all the breeds will show for Supreme Junior Champion after the last breed Junior Champion show.
· Senior Champions of all the breeds will show for Supreme Senior Champion after the last breed Senior Champion Show.
· See General Junior Fair Information.
Showman of Showmen Competition
Wednesday, July 25, 5:00 p.m., Multi-Purpose Building
Sale - Dairy Product
Thursday, July 26, 9:30 a.m. – Sale of Champions, Multipurpose Building
· Supreme Senior Champion Dairy Cow will represent the species in the Sale of Champions. The Supreme Junior Champion will represent the species in the event a Supreme Senior Champion is not shown.
· Exhibitor of the Supreme Senior Champion Dairy cow will receive 15% of the proceeds from the Dairy Product Sale. If the Supreme Junior Champion represents the species, then the exhibitor of the Junior Champion will receive the 15% proceeds from the Dairy Product Sale.
· The remaining money will be divided equally between all dairy exhibitors (including the Supreme Senior/or Junior Champion Dairy Cow) who do not otherwise participate in the sale.
· The Knox County Dairy Service Unit will determine the actual product/products that will be sold.
· Participants in the Dairy Product Sale must be present during the sale and have their picture taken with the buyer(s) to receive their sale proceeds.
· See Junior Fair Sales Information.
Monday, July 23, 2:00 p.m. (Cows in Milk Excluding the Supreme Champion)
Thursday, July 26, 7:30 p.m. (Dry Cows, Dairy Calves and Heifers and the Supreme Champion)
Knox County Junior Fair Entry Information
Class Description Age Definition
Junior Heifer Calf - Born on or after March 1, 2018
Intermediate Heifer Calf - Born December 1, 2017 through February 28, 2018
Senior Heifer Calf - Born September 1, 2017 through November 30, 2017
Summer Yearling Heifer - Born June 1, 2017 through August 31, 2017
Junior Yearling Heifer - Born March 1, 2017 through May 31, 2017
Winter Yearling Heifer - Born December 1, 2016 through February 28, 2017
Senior Yearling Heifer - Born September 1, 2016 through November 30, 2016
Junior Two-Year Old Cow - Born March 1, 2016 through August 31, 2016
Senior Two-Year Old Cow - Born September 1, 2015 through February 28, 2016
Junior Three-Year Old Cow - Born March 1, 2015 through August 31, 2015
Senior Three-Year Old Cow - Born September 1, 2015 through February 28, 2014
Four-Year Old Cow - Born September 1, 2014 through August 31, 2014
Five – Year Old Cow - Born before September 2014 through August 31, 2013
Aged Cow - Born before September 1, 2013
Dry Cow - Indicate age on Registration Form
Dairy Breeds Code Abbreviations:
Ayrshire - AY
Brown Swiss - BS
Guernsey - GU
Holstein - HO
Jersey – JE
Other - OT