Knox County Junior Fair
Sponsored by: First-Knox National Banks
Jim Blanchard (President)
Crystal McElhaney (Vice-President)
Cindy Cunningham (Secretary)
Bruce Gregg (Treasurer)
Dustin Beheler, Samantha Beheler, Alyssa Bregel, Debra Burden, Laura Daniels, Bernie Douglas, Madeline Elfrink, Dani Graumlich, Cale Grubb, Larry Hall, Jim Hughes, Scott Huvler, Jerry Lamb, Don Love, Silas McElhaney, Marsha Meyers, Stephanie Plumly, Andrea Rees, Adam Rine, Bryon Rock, John P. Ruckman, Debra Rudolph, Jim Ruhl, Mike Smith, Brian Tucker, and Kyle Walls
o Market Beef, Beef Pool & Market Dairy Steers $15.00
o Market Lambs $15.00
o Market Hogs $15.00
o Market Goats $15.00
o Dairy Market Feeders $15.00
o Market Fryers $15.00
o Broilers $15.00
o Tom Turkeys $15.00
o Dairy Product 4.0%
o Champions 3.5%, plus regular charges
o Reserve Champions 2.5%, plus regular charges
· Marketing charges go to pay for advertising and sale costs.
· Exhibitors will draw their sale order number during entries in June.
· Pictures of all sale animals will be required; photos will be taken at the Knox County Livestock Interview Judging & Skillathon. The cost of the picture and plaques is included in the marketing charge that is taken from the seller’s check.
PRE-WEIGHING WEIGHT GAIN AND/OR LOSS:
o Gain - The only acceptable weight gain method is natural consumption of fluid and/or feed.
o Loss - The only acceptable method of weight loss is exercise conducted in a humane manner.
o Soaking - Only dry animals will be weighed
o Halters - Haltered animals may weigh with one halter which must be of acceptable size and style for that species.
8:00 a.m. Sale Building Opens
9:00 a.m. Sale Announcements, Hall of Fame Presentation & Special Awards
9:30 a.m. Sale of Champions -- Multipurpose Arena
Sale of Champions Order
Grand and Reserve Grand Champion
Market Dairy Steer
Dairy Market Feeder
Pen of 3 Market Lambs
12:00 Noon (Approx.) Ring #1 located in the Multipurpose Arena
Market Dairy Steers
Dairy Market Feeder
12:00 Noon (Approx.) Ring #2 located in the Swine Arena
RULES & REGULATIONS:
· Each specie must be ready to sell 30 minutes prior to scheduled sale time.
· All exhibitors must sell their own market project with three exceptions:
o Medical reason approved by the Junior Fair Coordinator.
o Showing in another Knox County Junior Fair Show.
o Showing in an Ohio State Junior Fair Show. If a replacement is necessary, a current Knox County Junior Fair Exhibitor may sell the animal, if approved by the start of the sale.
· An exhibitor may sell only ONE (1) lot through the sale ring. This includes Dairy Product.
The following Champions MUST be sold through the sale ring:
o Grand Champion and Reserve Grand Champion Market Lamb
o Grand Champion and Reserve Grand Champion Pen of Three Market Lambs
o Grand Champion and Reserve Grand Champion Market Goats
o Grand Champion and Reserve Grand Champion Broilers
o Grand Champion and Reserve Grand Champion Tom Turkeys
o Grand Champion and Reserve Grand Champion Market Fryers
o Grand Champion and Reserve Grand Champion Market Beef
o Grand Champion and Reserve Grand Champion Market Dairy Steers
o Grand Champion and Reserve Grand Champion Dairy Market Feeders
o Grand Champion and Reserve Grand Champion Market Hogs
· An exhibitor may sell two or more lots through the ring if, and only if, all lots are on the list of Champions that must sell. Otherwise an exhibitor may only sell one lot through the sale.
· These animals and/or any other market animals in the sale may be selected by the Ohio Department of Agriculture for Tests before or after processing/harvest. (The terms slaughter, processing and harvest are synonymous and will hereafter be referred to as processing.)
· Animals being tested will remain the property of the exhibitor until the carcass passes all tests.
· Grand Champion and Reserve Grand Champion Market Beef, Market Hogs and Market Lambs will be trucked directly from the sale ring to a Knox County processing facility for harvesting as directed by Ohio Department of Agriculture.
· All animals, after being sold, are ineligible for all other Junior Fair Shows (county, independent or state).
· A sold animal may not be returned to the exhibitor in the sale ring.
· The following top ten live animals (Market Beef, Market Dairy Steers, Market Lambs, Market Hogs, and Dairy Market Feeders) will sell in the first half of the sale. The following top five live animals (Broilers, Tom Turkeys, Market Fryers, Market Goats) will sell in the first half of the sale
· No animal receiving a show ring C grade will be permitted to sell.
· No animal with viable testicular tissue will be permitted to sell.
· No animal with unhealed scars or swelling in the scrotum area will be permitted to sell.
· Appropriate attire shall be worn by exhibitors during the sale of animals at the fair. Examples of inappropriate attire include:
Clothing or hats that exhibit graphics or words that may be offensive.
Violators will be asked to change their attire or will be ineligible to sell.
· All buy bids for livestock from the Knox County Junior Fair Sale will be directed through the Mount Vernon United Producers. All re-sale animals will be loaded and transported to the Mount Vernon United Producers livestock facility.
· Broilers, Turkeys and Market Fryers will be transported for processing at the discretion of the Knox County Junior Fair Sales Committee.
· Broiler and Turkey exhibitors will be responsible for the care of their animals until their release on Friday morning.
· Participants in the Dairy Product Sale must be present during the sale and have their picture taken with the buyer(s) to receive their sale proceeds. The Supreme Champion Dairy animal will represent the industry in the Dairy Product Sale.
· Market Beef, Market Dairy Steers, Dairy Market Feeders, Market Lambs, Market Hogs and Market Goats will be sold by the pound. Broilers and Market Fryers will be sold by the pen and Tom Turkeys will be sold by the head.
· Any official statement announced by a Sales Committee member on sale day will take precedence over any published rules.
· The decisions of the Knox County Junior Fair Sales Committee are final.